Calling all wanderlust photographers and Instagram enthusiasts! The Amalfi Coast, with its stunning coastal landscapes and charming villages, is a visual masterpiece waiting to be captured. Whether you’re a travel blogger, an aspiring influencer, or simply someone seeking the perfect shot for IG, we’ve curated a list of the top Amalfi Coast photo spots that will elevate your Instagram game to a whole new level.
Are you ready to embark on a visual journey through the stunning Amalfi Coast? From picturesque villages to breathtaking cliffside views, this enchanting Italian coastline is a photographer’s dream. Get your camera and Instagram filters ready as we unveil the best Amalfi Coast photo spots that will make your followers double-tap with envy!
What to expect in this list?
We spent ten days looking, photographing, and talking to the locals about the most Instagram-worthy places on the Amalfi Coast, and this is the narrowed-down list. Read to know each spot, the best time to photograph, GPS coordinates and photo tips to help you get the perfect shot.
Amalfi Coast is so photogenic that no matter where you point your camera, you will get the most incredible pictures. Your camera roll will definitely get full from scores and scores of content here.
I also share all the GPS locations, and top tips on my Instagram posts, @joyofexploringtheworld, so make sure to follow and save posts to refer back to!!
- What to expect in this list?
- Top Instagram photo spots in Amalfi Coast
- 1. Spiaggia Grande, Positano
- 2. Le Sirenuse, Positano
- 3. Franco’s bar, Positano
- 4. Fruit stand, Positano
- 5. Via Cristofo Colombo, Positano
- 6. Positano Skyline from the boat
- 7. Fiordo di Furore
- 8. Amalfi town skyline
- 9. Staircase of Duomo di Amalfi
- 10. Fontana di Sant’Andrea, Amalfi
- 11. Beach in Atrani
- 12. Villa Cimbrone, Ravello
- 13. Giardini di Augusto, Capri
- 14. The Faraglioni rock formations, Capri
- 15. Lido del Faro, Capri
- Some additional Locations
- Pin it
Planning a trip to Amalfi Coast? Check out this detailed itinerary and Amalfi Coast guide to make your plan come true!
Top Instagram photo spots in Amalfi Coast
1. Spiaggia Grande, Positano
Nestled between steep cliffs and the azure Tyrrhenian Sea, Positano’s pastel-coloured buildings create a mesmerising backdrop. The best spot to capture this iconic view is from the viewpoint of the beach. Spiaggia Grande is the main beach of Positano town, lined with orange and turquoise beach chairs and tie-dye umbrellas that make for the iconic Amalfi coast getaway picture.
Photo-tip: Go to the spot before 9 am (Local time) that is before the private beach opens or after it closes at 6 pm to use the beach chairs for taking pics.
Best time to go:
- Sunrise, before 8 am will give you access to the beach chairs and beautiful lighting
- Sunset, after 6 pm with the stunning Orange light
- After sunset, during the blue hour
- Night time, for the beautiful moon-lit pic along with the lighted Positano houses in the background
Location: Spiaggia Grande
2. Le Sirenuse, Positano
The ultra-luxurious hotel where the Kardashians stayed. The hotel is one of the top destinations on the Amalfi Coast with incomparable views.
Photo-tip: If you can’t stay, make sure to check out their bar and restaurant and take pics from the lobby balcony.
Best time to go: After the var or restaurant opens, but if you are staying there make sure to take pics during sunrise and sunset golden hours.
Location: Le Sirenuse
3. Franco’s bar, Positano
Next to Sirenuse is Franco,s bar, this popular spot has one of the best views and gets only better and better during sunset. You cant reserve a table and will need to queue up to get a table and will have to buy a drink in order to take photos. This popular spot overlooks the Positano cliffside, the marina, and the gorgeous sea.
- Franco’s Bar opens daily at 5:30 pm (even though on Google it says 5 pm).
- As the bar is quite popular, get there by 4.45 pm to find a table with a view.
- You will have to get a drink to click pics and the place doesn’t serve food.
- Drinks are a bit pricey, you are definitely paying here for the ambience and the views.
- But if you don’t get such a table then don’t worry, there is space at the end corner to get shots with the stunning view.
- Pro tip: Group of 2 is your best chance to get one of the tables right in front 😉
Best time to go: Before Sunset
4. Fruit stand, Positano
I think this is definitely my favourite spot in Positano. Perfectly prepped for a photoshoot as well as if you are thirsty and parched during the shoot :p
Photo tip: Book a vintage car drive and hit all the spots
Best time to go: Get here anytime during the day but the morning hour would be the best to get soft light.
Location: Fruit Stand
5. Via Cristofo Colombo, Positano
This road is the best for seeing so many jaw-dropping Positano viewpoints. Either do a hike or hire a vintage Fiat 500 and drive along this winding road for the best views ever seen, I promise you will not be sorry.
Photo tip: Book a vintage car drive and take a leisurely drive along this winding road
Best time to go: The morning hour is the best as the light gets really harsh in the noon.
Location: Via Cristofo Colombo
6. Positano Skyline from the boat
The best activity to do and the best pics! The Positano skyline looks magical and the best way to see the beautiful coloured houses is by sitting on the boat drinking Aperol and eating pizza. Coincidentally, it also makes up for the best pictures got your IG.
- Hire a boat and have a picnic, marvel at the Positano skyline from the boat
- There are many photo opportunities aboard the boat like the Positano skyline, cruising the open sea, entering grottos, aerial drone shots, etc.
- Make sure to tell your skipper that you want to take photos. This way you can set expectations and he knows when to stop the boat and can help point out the best spots.
- Even when the boat is stopped, it can be challenging to take a shot due to the waves from other ships. Be patient and jump on any photo opportunity when the water seems most still.
- Most boats won’t depart until 9:30 or 10 am and return around 5:30 or 6 pm, so shadows may be harsh. Again, communicate with your skipper if there is an angle that you’re trying to get for lighting or for the backdrop.
Best time to go: Near sunset would be the best time.
Location: Boat GPS
7. Fiordo di Furore
Swimming & sunbathing in a dramatic, narrow cove with steep cliffs on either side & an arched bridge. This Fiord is another iconic spot that is a must-visit on the Amalfi coast. We couldn’t go inside the cove with our boat as the weather wasn’t the best. But make sure to ask your skipper beforehand.
Photo-tip: The best way to visit is Hire a private boat or hike up to the spot from Positano or Amalfi and enjoy the beach.
Best time to go: Morning to avoid harsh lighting
Location: Fiordo di Furore
8. Amalfi town skyline
This beautiful viewpoint by the bridge makes for a perfect dreamy shot.
Photo-tip: Try different props with this view like a Vespa scooter or vintage car
Best time to go: Early in the morning as the spot gets crowded with oncoming traffic, if you are going later in the day then have patience and take any opportunity of standstill traffic.
Location: Amalfi town coast
9. Staircase of Duomo di Amalfi
The Duomo dominates the main square in Amalfi, looking out over the rooftops from its lofty heights. Its majestic staircase is the perfect spot to snap that iconic photo of the Amalfi Coast. Just strike a pose on the stops and let the beauty of the Duomo work its magic.
Photo tip: Definitely go in the morning as the square gets really crowded within hours.
Best time to go: Before 9 am.
10. Fontana di Sant’Andrea, Amalfi
The beautiful fountain in front of the Duomo di Amalfi is another very Instagram-worthy spot on the Amalfi coast.
Photo tip: Go early in the morning to get the fountain entirely to yourself. It gets very crowded with the restaurants seating and tourists by noon.
Best time to go: Before 9 am.
Location: Saint Andrew’s Fountain Amalfi
11. Beach in Atrani
Just 7 mins walk from Amalfi, this beach is crowded with picturesquely coloured beach umbrellas and makes for the classic “summer on the Italian Riviera” pic.
Photo tip: Go afternoon when the beach club is open and all the umbrellas are fully open and spread out.
Best time to go: 12 – 2 pm
Location: Spiaggia di atrani
12. Villa Cimbrone, Ravello
Villa Cimbrone‘s lavish gardens, fountains, statues, and sculptures are captivating… But the Terrazza dell’Infinito (Terrace of Infinity) is the pièce de résistance. Pass under the “doorway to the sun” to witness the seven marble busts welcoming you to the ultimate viewpoint of the entire Amalfi Coast!
Photo-tip: Go to the infinity garden at the end of the Villa for the most iconic Ravello pics.
Best time to go: Early in the morning when the garden opens up or late before closing time to get it all to yourself. Opening hours: 9.00 – 19.00
Location: Villa Cimbrone
13. Giardini di Augusto, Capri
Visit Giardini di Agusto to see an unparalleled 360-degree view of Capri Island and the sea.
Photo-tip: Go either early as soon as it opens up or just before the closing time.
Best time to go: Early in the morning when the garden opens up or late before closing time to get it all to yourself. Opening hours: 9.00 – 17.00
Location: Giardini di Augusto
14. The Faraglioni rock formations, Capri
Faraglioni is the dramatic scene of three distinct rock formations rising out of the sea off the coast of Capri. While this sight is even more breathtaking in person, it’s a must-have photo from the Amalfi Coast.
- You’ll find Faraglioni en route to the island of Capri, so be on the lookout.
- If you’re in a smaller boat (not a ferry), chances are you’ll go through the passageway of the middle rock. Be sure to have your camera ready and quickly snap a shot as you go through!
Best time to go: Sunrise or Sunset is the best to avoid harsh lights
15. Lido del Faro, Capri
This is a beautiful sunset point, not very touristy and a hub for locals. The best sunset point to drink, watch the stunning sunset and end the day in Capri.
Photo tip: Make sure to go before Sunset and snag a sweet spot.
Best time to go: Just before sunset at 8.30 pm.
Location: Lido del Faro
Some additional Locations
Here is a list of other locations that we couldn’t visit but they are worth checking out:
- Alleyway near Villa La Tartana and Villa Giusy and climbs up to Le Sirenuse, Positano
- A staircase next to Maison Zara, Positano
- Il San Pietro di Positano Hotel, Positano
- Near the Villa TreVille entrance, Positano
- Villa Fiorentino swimming pool, Positano
- Villa TreVille lunch area, Positano
- La Fontelina beach club, Capri
- Hotel Bellevue Syrene, Sorrento
- The Galleria Umberto I, Naples
- Sorrento Beach and Marina
Remember, the key to creating captivating Instagram content is not only about the destination but also the story you tell through your photos. The Amalfi Coast is a treasure trove of Instagram-worthy photo spots that will elevate your feed to new heights. From charming villages to stunning coastal vistas, this enchanting destination offers endless possibilities for capturing breathtaking moments. So, grab your camera, plan your itinerary, and prepare to inspire your followers with the mesmerising beauty of the Amalfi Coast. Each shot tells a story, and with these top 15 photo spots, your story is bound to captivate audiences around the world. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #AmalfiDreams to share your stunning journey with the Instagram community!